Mission, Message, Vision and Values
Parkway Bible Guiding Principles
To love God, love people, reflect mercy, and walk humbly. (Mark 12:28-31; Micah 6:8)
We are reconciled to God through faith in Jesus and his work on the cross to forgive our sin. (2 Corinthians 5:17-21)
To build a purposeful community of authentic followers of Jesus who demonstrate love for each other and our neighbors. (Acts 2:42-47)
By the power of the Holy Spirit:
- We will build healthy and mature worshipers of God;
- We will intentionally train and encourage the next generation of the church;
- We will joyfully sacrifice and serve people in need for the sake of the gospel; and
- In all things, we will seek to glorify God and serve Him forever, together.
PBC Value Statements:
- Living Worshipful Lives (Luke 11:1; Acts 2:42) We desire is to seek God through private and corporate prayer, Bible reading, and worship.
- Living Shared Lives (Acts 2:42-45) We desire to be intentional about relationships that cross generational, marital, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
- Living Missional Lives (Colossians 4:5-6; Titus 2:11-14) We desire to live lives of mission and mercy, both locally and globally.
- Living Sacrificial Lives (Romans 12:1-2) We desire to live humble lives of service marked by consistent sacrifice for the sake of the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
- Living Authentic Lives (Romans 12: 3-16) We desire to live genuine lives in Christ without fear of expressing our God-given gifts, unique design, or personalities.
Vision Statements for Major Ministry Areas:
- PBC music ministry will seek to glorify God by providing vibrant and engaging music with lyrics and liturgy grounded in good theology culled from the church’s eclectic history and a variety of musical genres.
- The leaders of the music ministry will strive to lead skillfully with humility and conviction, so that the character and works of our Creator, Savior and King are clearly displayed, and that all who gather encounter Jesus in a real and worshipful way.
Missions and Mercy Ministry
The purpose of the Missions and Mercy Committee is to serve and assist the members of Parkway Bible Church in their efforts to display God’s heart for the world by sharing the Gospel and demonstrating His generosity and love for every nation, tribe and people— and in all things to make much of His Name. Missions and Mercy includes the Community Outreach Ministry.
The purpose of the Missions and Mercy Committee is to serve and assist the members of Parkway Bible Church in their efforts to display God’s heart for the world by sharing the Gospel and demonstrating His generosity and love for every nation, tribe and people— and in all things to make much of His Name.
To encourage and equip the men of Parkway in their pursuit of Christ.
Home Group Ministry
To pursue God together as an extended family, encouraging one another in the Lord through prayer, fellowship, and mutual study of the Bible.
Children’s Ministry (Jesus and Me/JAM)
To be a place where children are loved and taught God’s word in a safe, creative and enjoyable environment. We desire to teach children to authentically worship God and to give them the opportunity to demonstrate love for each other and to their neighbors.
To intentionally train, develop, and foster Parkway’s youth to become mature followers of Christ. We desire to push our youth in a direction of serving others in their community, as well as the international community, so that they may glorify God and advance His kingdom.